07 March 2010

A Recap and the Beginning of the BYU-Idaho Chronicles

So, I'm obviously not very good at this whole blogging thing...let's try this again, lol.

I finished out last year back in Washington just working two jobs at the Supermall to save up money for college. I got accepted to BYU-Idaho in Rexburg, Idaho back in October on their Winter/Summer track so I'm here from January through July. That's the track I wanted to be on so that I could be home with my family for the holidays and work during the busiest, most lucrative time of the year for retail. :)

We sold my childhood home in September and lived with my grandparents for a few months. Then, we moved across the valley and bought a house in Edgewood. Everyone keeps asking my dad why he bought a bigger house when his kids are all moving out and heading off to college over the next couple years. His answer is that he's envisioning a place for grandchildren to come and visit and somewhere he can host family get-togethers. I find the grandchildren thing amusing seeing as how none of us has a boyfriend, let alone a fiance. Ah well, it'll happen someday so I guess it's good that he 's thinking ahead. :)

Anyways, so I started at BYU-I in January and I am absolutely loving it here! I'm majoring in Theatre and Speech Education and I haven't decided on a minor yet, though I should probably do that soon. My classes are all going well and, for the most part, are fairly interesting. I'm living with five other girls in an apartment across the street from campus. We all get along pretty well and have lots of fun together. :) I've made some great friends here too in my classes, so that's fun.

I'm also only 2 1/2 hours away from Ogden while I'm at school so I've already made one trip down there to visit family and plan to go as often as possible. I went down there the weekend of Valentine's Day because we had a three day weekend. I stayed with my friend Raney and got to spend some time with friends and family while I was there.

So, that's pretty much it. I've just been doing the whole school thing and hanging out with great people here at BYU-Idaho. One of my roommates, Kaylee, is pretty good at this whole blogging thing, so hopefully that will help me to be better at keeping this updated too, lol.

Well, I think I'll end it here today and sign off with some pictures. :)



This was on the drive over to Rexburg. Between the snow and the sleeping I actually got some really pretty shots.


This is the view from our front door here in Rexburg.


Natasha, Katey and I on one of our first days together. :)


Sarah J. (our adopted roommate), me and Sarah C. at Big Jud's. Big Jud's is a hamburger place about 20 minutes away. They have the Big Jud Challenge where you eat the Big Jud (a two pound burger) and then you get your picture up on the wall. One of my roommates, Kaylee, actually ate the whole thing...it was disgusting.


Outside of Big Jud's on the way home. Back row: Kaylee, Sarah J., Me and Kaylee's friend, Logan. Front Row: Natasha, Sarah C. and Steph


Natasha, Sarah, Steph and I playing Disney Princess Uno and eating delicious cupcakes that Katey made. :)


Katey also made a mini fort (a blanket over two chairs) and I modeled it for her.


AJ and I at the Weber State Institute Valentine's Dance in Ogden, Utah.


We opted for a non-traditional pose in front of the back drop. :)


I stayed with Raney while I was down in Ogden. This is when we were babysitting, right before I left to go hang out with Jacob before coming back to Rexburg.


Choir Fest
A small group of us first sopranos have become pretty good friends.
Carla, Emma, Me, Emilie and Lorraine


We're kind of silly...I think that's why we get along so well. :)


Emilie and I met the first day of choir and hit it off. We've been great friends ever since.


Sarah's birthday was last week so we all went to Craigo's (they have all you can eat pizza, pasta and salad and it's really good) to celebrate.


Sarah, Kaylee and I
We're all quite silly. :)

Well, that's it for now, folks!

No comments: